Photo by the beyond amazing www.funkyfreshkids.com
10 super cool newborn baby facts
1. A newborn baby’s head accounts for about one-quarter of its entire weight.
2. Every 3 seconds somewhere in the world , a baby is born.
3. Adults have 206 bones. When babies are born, they have 300. Their bones fuse as they grow, resulting in fewer bones as adults.
4. A baby has around 10,000 taste buds, far more than adults. They are not just on the tongue but also on the sides, back, and roof of the mouth. Eventually these extra taste buds disappear.
5. Babies are born without kneecaps.
6. Newborns are more likely to turn their head to the right than to the left.
7. A baby can recognize the smell and voice of its mother at birth. It takes a few weeks before a baby can see the difference between its mother and other adults.
8. A baby’s first social smile appears between four and six weeks after birth.
9. Newborn babies are very nearsighted and their vision only allows them to see people and objects at their clearest when they are within 8 to 12 inches away.
10. Babies will double their birthweight by the time they hit 5 months of age.